'Portraits in Watercolour' with Stephie Butler - 22nd & 23rd September 2020
22nd & 23rd September 2020
This workshop is suitable for all abilities.
In this exciting two day, informative workshop Stephie will show you how to paint portraits full of colour with an impressionistic feel, sharing techniques on how to portray feelings and emotions in your work, making it unique.
There will be a mixture of ongoing demonstrations and one-to-one attention, enabling everyone to work to the best of their own ability.
You'll be encouraged to develop your own style, to learn how to paint with instinct alongside technique, simplify drawings prior to painting to enable a looser style and paint with colour that deviates away from the norm. Most of all, you'll have fun and come away inspired to paint more!
Stephie's aim is to teach you:
• Simplifying drawings
• Brush Control
• To see colour in shapes and form
• To play and experiment
• Be creative with colour
• To have confidence and feel inspired, by giving you the creative tools and to accomplish painting with confidence.
Student Materials List
• Reference photos
• Paints - Paper - Brushes - Palette.
• Masking fluid - Masking tape
* Stephie will have some spare paints and paper for purchase should you need them.